Thursday, May 22, 2014

Movieton Review: Captain America The Winter Soldier

Hey, Hi, Hello!

I'm here today with a review for what may be one of my favorite movies!

But first, let me make a statement.

I am a complete and total nerd, fan, nut and (slightly) obsessive enjoyer of Marvel movies. I reserve the right to any and all hyping that may come about.

With that out of the way, let's begin!
Just when I thought Captain America can't be any cooler I went and saw this movie. I left the theater a fully corrected person. That's about the best way to put it. The all out epic fight scenes, the special FX, and the characters were all so amazing. I'm sincerely looking forward to seeing Cap next time, in Age of Ultron.

So, I think the movie said it's been about two years since the Battle of New York. Cap is now working for S.H.I.E.L.D ( Strategic Homeland Intervention, Enforcement and Logistics Department) alongside Natasha Romanoff, Brock Rumlow, and others. When a new threat arises and Cap is framed as being a part of it, he goes on the run with Natasha to save the world and find the truth about a powerful adversary, who seems strangely familiar.

The Pros: No sensual material whatsoever! I liked that. Good character development. I commend Sebastian Stan for his performance as the Winter Soldier. Plenty of funny moments between Cap and his friends. (I was falling backward in my theater chair)  The story to was well thought out, no plot holes that I remember. The FX were as little computer generated as possible, which I appreciated.


The Cons:  As is the usual with superhero movies, swearing and violence. I didn't notice it a whole lot, but there were a few uses of H, D, A, B and S (I feel like I'm just saying the alphabet wrong) and God's name is taken in vain a couple times. There is action, gunplay and intense fight scenes throughout the entire movie, which could be disturbing to younger viewers. The final battle between Cap and The Winter Soldier is especially brutal and difficult to watch.


And so, despite it's flaws, I loved this movie! Five stars!
Feel free to post a comment and let me know what you think! 
Later!

Loganna.







No comments:

Post a Comment