Tuesday, May 6, 2014

Movie Review: How to Train Your Dragon

Hi!

I'm a bad girl. 

 I haven't posted in about a month. I procrastinated the whole time and I apologize. But now, I'm back with a movie review for......

(drumroll please)

How to Train Your Dragon!
(cue the cheering and applause)

Okay, so this movie came out a while ago, like 2010. But the second one's coming out on June 12 (squeals fangirlishly) and I felt like talking about it. 

So this is a story about a young viking boy who discovers a stunning secret about the dragons on his home island of Berk. With a newfound friend he sets about trying to change his tribe's mind about the dragons and bring peace to both dragons and humans.

This was a GREAT movie! Not only was the story appropriately funny and serious at the same time, but the soundtrack was brilliant, (It's John Powell, what'd you expect?) the voice acting was spot on, and it was just good, alright? My favorite character was Hiccup, but the others were great too. In fact, this movie is so beloved by me and my siblings that we memorized the entire thing word for word. (Another one that got us was 2012's  The Avengers, but more about that one next time.) And I was totally blindsided SPOILERSPOILERSPOILERSPOILER  at the end when Hiccup lost his leg. Who'd have seen that coming? ENDSPOILER.
Anyway, this movie was absolutely amazing and I heartily recommend it to all ages. (I'm looking at you, you adults who read this and think you're above a kids movie.)

See y'all later!

Loganna.

No comments:

Post a Comment