Sunday, May 18, 2014

Movieton Review/ Comparison: Star Trek

Hola! 

I'm here with a review/comparison (didn't you read the title?) for Star Trek!!

(cheering, applause, assorted happiness) 

First up, The Original Series!

The very first Star Trek episode debuted on September 8, 1966.The series was, and still is extremely popular, holding what I perceive to be one of the biggest fandoms. I myself watch this show on Netflix, and while it's extremely corny it still has its moments. That kinda old-fashioned sense of humor gets me rolling on the floor.  Nothing bad about it, unless you hate old shows. (I'm not the person to ask, my favorite show right now is 1965's "The Big Valley")

The old show that everyone loved so much gathered enough attention that finally, J.J Abrams and numerous others got together to give us  2009's Star Trek. 
Now this one was great in the fact that it seemed more futuristic, more modern. The old show didn't quite get that. This movie was a new retelling of Jim Kirk's and Mr. Spock's origins. Unfortunately, Kirk was re-imagined as more of a ladies man. MUCH more. You'll probably want to skip that scene. 
Also SPOLERSPOILERSPOILERSPOILER Spock and Uhura are re-imagined as being in love?!?!?!??!?!!??! It worked great, but still.  ENDSPOILERENDSPOILER
Other than that, great movie! The sequel is even better!

So, that's really more of just a review, but I tried to give some comparisons. For instance, Zachary Quinto doesn't even come close to Leonard Nimoy, but he does a good job. Or Chris Pine in his portrayal of Captain Kirk. Very different from William Shatner, but very funny.

There you have it!  The review/comparison for Star Trek! Feel free to post a comment and let me know what you think!
Bye!

Loganna.



No comments:

Post a Comment